JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby minibike12 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Okey thanks for the answers.
I will try to install Gapps tonight, and else tomorrow.

Is there a fix already for my display problem (lines when pressing end call button)?
Or is this still related to some problems with the display drivers?

Keep up the good progress.
minibike12

Advertisement

Postby abdelry00 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:23 am

Dopi wrote:Hi ,

it is more than a week since our last testing release, thus I think it might be time for an update. Thanks to your good feedback and patches that were submitted we have some significant changes. Especially the haptic feedback intensity and the touchscreen performance (I think you will love this one ;) ) could be improved. Please continue to post your experience so, that we can create the final release, soon. Still no custom launcher is included, but you may easily install that by means of the filemanager (as suggested by sploutch).

You can download the package here: https://github.com/JetDroid/JetPlatform_binary/tarball/c397caee0fbda5303cc8f514013f376f8a41e8a5. A kernel is included. To install please remove all old files and extract to your ext2 partition root directory. After that do "sudo chown -R root.root *".

Here is the list of features:
  • Wifi
  • USB Mass storage access (ADB was reported not working, please test)
  • SD-card access
  • Accelerometer (maybe compass)
  • RTC reading [thanks to Vaclavpe]
  • Clock speed fix [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Vibrator / Haptic feedback intensity is higher now [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Updated SuperUser.apk [thanks to alfonzobonzo] If you want to root your Jet, this one should work fine with z4root.
  • Brightness setting and screen locking (brightness values are better now. Maybe just a little tweaking is needed) [Dopi]
  • Touchscreen parameters changed. This should cause less false readings [Dopi]
  • 2D acceleration (flickering fixed, thanks to Thijs, KB and sploutch )
Please submit your feeback in this topic. For the final release I would suggest we work on solutions for the following pending issues. If you have more problems please report them here.

• Browser takes very long to open links [reported by Jose_Paramore]
  • Calendar crashed when trying to open it [reported by dopi, can anyone confirm this?]
  • Sometimes problems with on-screen keyboard and text entry area

If you have a fix for any of the above problems please post your solution here (what did you do and which files did you use?). Please don't add unneccessary files, just the ones that are needed to improve the system.

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Dopi :D

The erratic touchscreen issues are resolved in this version! Also seems to work much more stable in general. However, the browser, marketplace and gmail apps seem to be unresponsive quite often. Besides, market doesn't work, i get server error message even though I am connected to my WiFi AP.
abdelry00
Freshman

Postby hotkingcol » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:30 am

is a kernel included in this??
if not what kernel would u recommend? again high five man!
hotkingcol

Postby DreiRN » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:02 am

So far, so good! wifi is faster now. Booting is much faster now.
DreiRN

Postby Qwerp » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:23 am

So far the best release!
Contains all the latest upgrades in one, and doesn't have many problems.
The first time I can type and the "m" isn't typed instead of an enter...
The calender only worked for my after setting up a sync. account and connecting to WIFI.
And my browser is only slow because of the fact that there are three walls between the router and me.
Still sometimes when i acccess the settings, etc, some popups don't show up, so I have to guess and try...

Great progress, and thanks for the all-in-one release,
Greetz,
Vincent
Qwerp
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby skuke » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:32 am

hotkingcol wrote:is a kernel included in this??
if not what kernel would u recommend? again high five man!

kernel is included.

A good release, however i still have problems with the browser, it loads very slow and i seem to get a white screen when i select the browser app and it causes it to crash and restart the phone.
Apart from that this release is very good, and this is the first release which has installed market when installing gapps :D.
skuke
Freshman

Postby hotkingcol » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:58 pm

yh thanks for reply, what kernel by the way?
also i start android market, it loads but whilst its loading i get this " A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to previous screen. i can browse thru the internet using the browser. why is this? also again i dont seem to have any sound it seems like i dont have a device for MAX9880?
do you have sound? and bluetooth and minor detail in graphic like automatic scrolling of titles that dont fit on screen, does that make sense?
shooting from the hip but would merging stuff from all android handsets into one mega kernel/platfrom and work backwards? or is that just stupid because surley if u have moduels and drivers and all info from all phones(i know it probably wouldnt boot) then whilst booting you attempting to boot read off of log wats going on and take baby steps?
i know thats whats been going on till now but its a nice dream lol!
hotkingcol

Postby beki76 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi all

Where I must put this file m910-jet-vital-config

thx
beki76

Postby skuke » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:22 pm

hotkingcol wrote:yh thanks for reply, what kernel by the way?
also i start android market, it loads but whilst its loading i get this " A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to previous screen. i can browse thru the internet using the browser. why is this? also again i dont seem to have any sound it seems like i dont have a device for MAX9880?
do you have sound? and bluetooth and minor detail in graphic like automatic scrolling of titles that dont fit on screen, does that make sense?
shooting from the hip but would merging stuff from all android handsets into one mega kernel/platfrom and work backwards? or is that just stupid because surley if u have moduels and drivers and all info from all phones(i know it probably wouldnt boot) then whilst booting you attempting to boot read off of log wats going on and take baby steps?
i know thats whats been going on till now but its a nice dream lol!

android can be fixed by following this guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=224
skuke
Freshman

Postby Rcfreak07 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:57 pm

The last two days it tried around with that release but I dont get it working. When booting JetDroid it says for example "[...] cannot execue<´/system/bin/[...]" for EVERY file in system/bin. I did sudo chmod -R 777 /media/JetDroid AND controled the permissions settings manually but nothing changed. I never had such a problem before so I dont have any ideas to fix it. After I copied the files to the ext2 partition i did sudo chown -R root.root * in the terminal (Dont know what that should affect).

Any solutions?
Rcfreak07

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing