JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby MegaRiemen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Rcfreak07 wrote:The last two days it tried around with that release but I dont get it working. When booting JetDroid it says for example "[...] cannot execue<´/system/bin/[...]" for EVERY file in system/bin. I did sudo chmod -R 777 /media/JetDroid AND controled the permissions settings manually but nothing changed. I never had such a problem before so I dont have any ideas to fix it. After I copied the files to the ext2 partition i did sudo chown -R root.root * in the terminal (Dont know what that should affect).

Any solutions?

Hi Rcfreak07

i had the same problem
you have to do sudo chown -R root.root /media/ and the name of the partition
MegaRiemen
Freshman

Advertisement

Postby _T@M_ » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi, i downloaded this release yesterday and tested it.
It's really good, the touchscreen performance ist great (I think you will love this one - yes i do )
Bevor i updated to this version i had the pre 0.3 version running

I don't have any problems installing and running this version.

Wifi - works
SD-card access - works
Accelerometer (maybe compass) - works (i couldn't test compass at the moment)
Vibrator / Haptic feedback intensity is higher now [thanks to KB_JetDroid] - works
Brightness setting and screen locking (brightness values are better now. Maybe just a little tweaking is needed) [Dopi] brightness is good, i haven't tested screen locking at this time, because i havn't installed gapps
2D acceleration (flickering fixed, thanks to Thijs, KB and sploutch ) - yes, i don't have display flickering

I downloaded doodle jump over applanet market and it works fine :)

Browser takes very long to open links [reported by Jose_Paramore] - i think it's not longer than in older versions

Calendar crashed when trying to open it [reported by dopi, can anyone confirm this?] - Calender is running on my jet but calculator is crashing

Sometimes problems with on-screen keyboard and text entry area - yes but it's quiet bether than in the older version i was using

I use ADW launcher with mit jet

greetz
_T@M_
Freshman

Postby XxHunterxX » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Hey,

My Wlan can't connect anymore. It sees the available Networks, but even with an open Network it cannot connect.
It says: Obtaining IP address from ...
Unsuccesful

Does anyone know whats wrong?
XxHunterxX
Freshman

Postby skuke » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 pm

XxHunterxX wrote:Hey,

My Wlan can't connect anymore. It sees the available Networks, but even with an open Network it cannot connect.
It says: Obtaining IP address from ...
Unsuccesful

Does anyone know whats wrong?

i had this problem after fixing market and android ID however, i just kept trying and trying and it started to work.
skuke
Freshman

Postby ejballester23 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:42 am

Gapps is working really bad: i have white screens all the time, the device stops working when i unlock the screen, etc...
However,the last realese has no problems with it, i think.
ejballester23
Freshman

Postby l3w1n » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:40 am

Is there any good guide about installing adw launcher etc.?
l3w1n

Postby _T@M_ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 am

Bevor i installed gapps the Version was working good and fast
after installing the booting takes more time
after booting i get now an error becaus system isn't working
And after a few minutes i get it working but games are much slower...
_T@M_
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 am

Hunter, try to replace the wpa_supplicant file in /data/misc/wifi and /system/etc/wifi with the ones that is about 157 size or the ones I have in https://github.com/MadRocker/JetWifi as they seems to be a bit more stable files.
You might need to use the top right download button then open and extract and ONLY copy the wpa* files to your jetdroid folder on the memorycard.
If this does not work then also try the dhcp folders.

You likely have wep or wpa or wpa2 password that you use with your wifi connection.

l3w1n
ADW install = copy to some space on the memory card then use filemanager or another file browser and click ADW and when asked to install = yes.

If you do not have filemanager then only copy ADW.apk and FileMnager.apk to the /system/app folder then restart the phone, do not copy any other .apk files to this folder as they can cause issues.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 am

_T@M_ wrote:Bevor i installed gapps the Version was working good and fast
after installing the booting takes more time
after booting i get now an error becaus system isn't working
And after a few minutes i get it working but games are much slower...

Did you install GApps on top of a system that already had been running? I sometimes see problems if you don't install gapps onto a clean system (right after you unpacked the JetDroid archive). After installing GApps the first reboot can take terribly long. But tha's just the first time, all subsequent reboots should be much faster.

Another option that you could try is deleting the /cache directory (it will be recreated the next time you boot) or the contents of /data/dalvik-cache. This can sometimes cure strange problems like hangs or crashes.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Warmaster88 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:22 am

Couldn't install the official Android Market, so i installed an alternative market, works like a charm for me ;)
Warmaster88
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing