JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Eron61 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm

My Fail, posted on wrong Forum
Eron61

Advertisement

Postby costiscon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:43 am

Hello Jetdroid members!!!
I follow you from the beginning of this project...
Last days I admit there is some inactvity in this topic so I would like to ask the Devs if there is a new release that they are working for this period ...

P.S About the testing all goes perfect expect from the keyboard when it goes to landscape...It lags a lot and sometimes reboots after that (I have not installed Gapps)...

Keep up the good work!!!
costiscon
Freshman

Postby Warmaster88 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:13 am

Inactivity?
I bet their busier then ever, when u keep an eye on the topics you'll see that there are multiple things we're working on. After the 03-26 release there aren't much fixes made yet, but they're on the good way. Working together with 02Droid and trying out scripts and fixes from they're project will do Jetdroid good, and i think fixes will come closer and closer! :D
Warmaster88
Freshman

Postby kiddikai » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am

I just noticed that several Bluetooth socket layers are initialized during the boot progress. This makes me wonder, how far are we from actual Bluetooth support? Owning a BT GPS receiver unit I am really looking forward to hooking that thing up to JetDroid. :twisted:
kiddikai
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

The same and more is working on the 02JetEclair but still needs more work. I should be able to get to the 02JetEclair in 24hours and start working on it.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby fizzo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey staff, Good work so far.
I've started off my jetdroid experience with this Test-version. My first wireless internet attempts worked flawlessly. I've connected a few times to the internet through my wireless router without a problem.
But after the installation of Gapps, when trying to connect to my wireless router, my phone would display:
"Trying to get IP adress...." then "Failed." (this is translated from german)
Any idea how to fix that?
Hint: In this thread i've read some about it being an DHCP issue.

Anyways I'm gonna try to assign a fixed IP to my Jet and feedback.

Edit: When trying different variations of the WLAN standard on the router i get the same error messages as xxhunterxx.

Edit2: I've only managed assigning a fixed IP to my Jet through my DHCP settings. But it wouldn't fix the problem. I doubt though that this attempt excludes DHCP issues.

Also, I've replaced my Wifi and DHCP files on my Jet as suggested by MadRocker. No improvement.

For Wireless security I've tried WPA2 PSK and no protection. Still no improvement.
And connecting via TouchWiZ works fine!
fizzo
Freshman

Postby Gotomtom95 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:06 pm

does anyone know when next testreleas will be?
i'd love to test some more android, hopefully with 3g support

btw, i don't know if it has been said already...
but angry birds runs in slowmotion, twitter.apk doesn't want to get installed, flightcontrol chrashes when 2nd plane comes in.
and i booted android some day ago and left it on and put it in my pocked, 2 hours later my battery was completely empty.

but i still love it, and the webbrowser and ebuddy run sooo smooth ^^
btw, the browser starts crashing if i install gapps
JETDROID WOOOT
Gotomtom95
Freshman

Postby BLAiZE » Fri May 13, 2011 6:20 am

@ fizzo
Do you try to connect to wifi when you are in the setupwizard at first start after installing gapps?

Just skip this step and set autoupdate your googleaccount in settings > accounts menu.
BLAiZE
Freshman

Postby fizzo » Fri May 13, 2011 5:03 pm

I think I tried to connect to wifi in the setupwizard at first start and failed.
But I have done the testing by connecting to wifi via the menu and it failed, too.
fizzo
Freshman

Postby Byeranger » Sun May 15, 2011 6:26 pm

I've got gapps installed & my wifi always works :)
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing