Froyo Testing

JetPlatform (Froyo) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: Froyo Testing

Postby sploutch » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm

I do not know why it does not work for some people.
I did like this:

1st partiton : FAT - 6.5Go (label : MASS)
2nd partition : EXT3 - 1.5GB (label : android)

Code: Select all
sudo chmod 777 -R /media/android
sudo rm -Rf /media/android
Extract testing-Froyo-06fe2011.tar.gz on /media/android
Code: Select all
sudo chmod 777 -R /media/android
cd /media/android/dev
sudo mknod console c 5 1
sudo chmod 777 console
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby MadRocker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Yup same here just deleted the content of sdcard jetdroid partition sudo rm -rf /media/1.5gb/* then did the chmod, extracted, chmod again, safely remove and restart into JetDroid.

First boot is a few mins. less than 10 mins.

Notes:
The ../egl/libChunkAlloc.so and ../hw/gralloc.default.so files is very sensative with 3D fimg files and need to use the same as was part of the original android Froyo build, so if using the SDK Froyo then use this files from them = remove pmem and other mem issues when using correct files.

Wifi:
I will see where is the working ginger / froyo wifi I had previously then post it here.

I think I did this last time to get wifi to work:
1. wifi working last zip 24Nov2010 file extracted all (excluding init.rc zImage),
think the libhardware_legacy.so is needed will have to test one without libhardware_legacy.so and one with libhardware_legacy.so to confirm. (Can possibly use the i5700 CM-Froyo libhardware_legacy.so as well instead of eclair version ?? )

2. copied wifi parts from the wifi working init.rc to gingerbread init.rc, checked if the dhd.ko is there, first test this with wifi working zip dhd.ko 24Nov file.

So for this Jet-Froyo (skip no2 init.rc) just need to remove the # from wifi in init.rc + above files and it should work.

PS> Other JetDroid versions if you have slow / laggy over used memory, then change the "loglevel 8" to 5 or 3 it uses less memory = smoother experience. There is a change somewhere to put the "loglevel 8" into the /data folder and linked to main folder using tmpfs disk space instead of eating the ram memory.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby ZsDaniel » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Hello!
I made the ScreenOff and the brightness to work with this Froyo version + 1 file from the 8Feb Eclair version (/system/lib/hw/lights.GT-S8000.so).
After wake the colors are whitey but it works.
I hope you wll include it in the next release.
ZsDaniel

Postby sploutch » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:48 pm

I make actually a package with the 2d/3d acceleration.

I noticed some things:
The contrast after locking the phone to be improved with a proper "light.GT-S8000.so"
The MadRocker's "gralloc.GT-S8000.so"does not works.
It seems that file is not suitable for the Jet

Cheers,
Sploutch
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 am

Yup the gralloc, you have to use the one that was part of the original Froyo files.

So gralloc form Froyo sdk needs to be used here, gralloc from Ginger sdk needs to be use for ginger, eclair gralloc for eclair.
The rest of the 3D fimg we need to build clean s3c6410 3D fimg gralloc chunk and other files for the jet hardware with the latest ginger black screen fix from tom3q.

The lights.S8000.so I used was from Spica so the pale screen after standby, we need to get one for Jet Hardware.
I am not sure how far we can cheat with another eclair/ginger chunk file in Froyo.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

MadRocker wrote:The lights.S8000.so I used was from Spica so the pale screen after standby, we need to get one for Jet Hardware.

I am not sure if the brightness / gamma settings are inside the platform library (lights.S8000.so). There are gamma settings inside the display driver in the kernel.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby shishirs » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am

MadRocker wrote:
Wifi:
I will see where is the working ginger / froyo wifi I had previously then post it here.

I think I did this last time to get wifi to work:
1. wifi working last zip 24Nov2010 file extracted all (excluding init.rc zImage),
think the libhardware_legacy.so is needed will have to test one without libhardware_legacy.so and one with libhardware_legacy.so to confirm. (Can possibly use the i5700 CM-Froyo libhardware_legacy.so as well instead of eclair version ?? )

2. copied wifi parts from the wifi working init.rc to gingerbread init.rc, checked if the dhd.ko is there, first test this with wifi working zip dhd.ko 24Nov file.

So for this Jet-Froyo (skip no2 init.rc) just need to remove the # from wifi in init.rc + above files and it should work.

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on where and which init.rc I need to modify to get wifi working on froyo ?

Also the init.rc in the zip file attached to the first post in this thread, has a lot of references to 'wifi' within it which are masked using #. Do I need to remove all the masks within that file.

Thanks,
Shishir
shishirs
Freshman

Postby Keiran » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Yes, as it says, all you need to do is remove the #'s. The '#' is used as a comment, and the following line that starts with this is not carried out.

Regards,

Keiran
Keiran
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Yup remove the # from the wifi parts, not sure if this would make the wifi work. Will look into it a bit later and post a update.

Daniel if you like then please take that changes and put it in a zip file with instructions or just extract and replace zip file then upload it if you can.

Man I can kick myself for not saving the wifi fix for Ginger and Froyo. :oops:
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Keiran » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 pm

I noticed that the screen resolution on the gingerbread one was a bit off, like at the start of Eclair when everything was small on the screen. Not sure if it is like this in froyo but it is in gingerbread.
Keiran
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Froyo) Testing