HTC wildfire S

Discussion specific to HTC Wildfire / Wildfire S

HTC wildfire S

Postby HenriA » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey,

Last saturday I had it with my jet, and got angry on it (no, I did not smash it in to the ground or damage it in any way, I just started to call it names, that's all), and now I am looking for an android smartphone. Now I came across the HTC Wildfire S, and I was thinking that I like that phone :)

Since it has the same CPU as the legend, has more RAM (512 vs 384), the user experience will be nice, and it is cheaper. But is it worth the 280 euro that it costs?

Even with that HTC in my pocket (that won't be out till may), I will watch the jetdroid project, cus it is intresting :) But I need another phone, cus this one has it's own mind. It mutes when I am calling, it places all the widgets on the desktop every now and then, and it calls at random. So I start to hate it verry much (yes, I am a PrePay'd user!)

Thanx in advance for the advice
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: HTC wildfire S

Postby Daenja » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I can really suggest ZTE Blade. I think it's the best you can get with such a low price. I can run every HD-game (Asphalt 5, Angry Birds, Dungeon Hunter... you name it!) flawlessly with quadrant scores of 1050.
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Well... One thing I don't like very much about HTC (except of Nexus one/Desire/Legend) is that they use LCD screens. Another thing is that I've noticed they have "lag", even with their best phone, the Desire HD, running games and videos. Another annoying thing is the speaker volume - isn't loud enough for me! This is why I like Samsung best. Anyway the ZTE Blade is such a good phone. But there are soooo many phones in the market with Android. I suggest to you to keep an eye on Galaxy S - it's amazing! In GSMSpain, which is an Spanish forum about mobile phones, you can easily buy that phone for less than 300€ - way better than the 280€ for the Wildfire S!
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby HenriA » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

@jose that's the price of an used phone i expect.

@daenja nice one :) i will look where to buy in the netherlands, looks interesting!
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:09 pm

joopykoopy wrote:@jose that's the price of an used phone i expect.

@daenja nice one :) i will look where to buy in the netherlands, looks interesting!

No! In GsmSpain there are users that work in big companies, and they receive a Galaxy S maybe once or twice a month. They even didn't open the box! They sell the phone absolutely new. I meet a guy who sell them for 260€ in Spain (something more to another country), but only the phone, the battery and the charger.
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby HenriA » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 pm

hmm, allso sounds nice :) damn, there are to much nice phones on the market these day's :P
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby aaron96 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 am

As per my experience with wildfire (cos i have used it for almost an year :cool:) beside battery issues (battery life sucks it drains so quickly even after using task killer utility hence to those concerned with battery its not a gud idea) it has got everything best as per its capabilities and cost inlcuding 3.2 inch gorilla glass display screen (atleast capable for better web browsing, reading ebooks as well as watching videos) with nice android os(android 2.3 gingerbread with htc sense UI as all other latest htc smartphones), average processor (this is second let down issue but to me not so major however it adversely affects gaming capabilities as it lacks a best processor but only to those concerned with gaming however hd video watching is best on it which amuses me though it lacks a better processor), better storage capacity with maximum RAM. Mainly i was concerned abt camera and a better display prior to buying this and the phone fitted well with my requirements.

Jose_Paramore wrote:Well... One thing I don't like very much about HTC (except of Nexus one/Desire/Legend) is that they use LCD screens. Another thing is that I've noticed they have "lag", even with their best phone, the Desire HD, running games and videos. Another annoying thing is the speaker volume - isn't loud enough for me! This is why I like Samsung best. Anyway the ZTE Blade is such a good phone. But there are soooo many phones in the market with Android. I suggest to you to keep an eye on Galaxy S - it's amazing! In GSMSpain, which is an Spanish forum about mobile phones, you can easily buy that phone for less than 300€ - way better than the 280€ for the Wildfire S!
Cheers,
Jose

Well only difference between htc wildfire s and ZTE Blade lies in display screen resolution, camera, android version and availability of gps facility. Both have similar processing capabilities ie speed and power. HTC wildfire S offers 3.2-inch touch screen with 320 x 480 resolution while that of ZTE Blade is 480 x 800 pixels and size is 3.5 inches(Here i dont feel HTC lacks something much more advanced feature than ZTE Blade so wont consider it a major lag as watching videos, browsing, gaming will be beneficial on both the phones though there's a difference in their resolution)...Android version differs with technology coz Wildfire S is built with Gingerbread Android 2.4 version while Blade build with Eclair Android 2.1 and could be upgradable upto v2.2(so keeping here in mind the Gingerbread version ie 2.4 proves to be helpful and HTC OS is built with special HTC Sense technology ie TouchFLO 3D user interface and this seems to be much advanced feature).

Moreover htc offers 5 megapixel color camera with auto focus and flash while ZTE blade offers only 3.15 MP megapixel color camera with auto focus, flash, geo tagging. (What to be noticed here is both the phones have only primary camera but resolution differs and quality as 5 megapixel will have higher resolution so it would be beneficial for those who wish to utilize phone for capturing videos and pictures with quality) Thus taking into consideration above differences to me it wildfire s is much beneficial.
aaron96
Freshman

Postby 37ctgold » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 am

Hello all. I am new to this forum. I have a HTC SENSATION. I have certain queries with it.
37ctgold
Freshman

Postby ahied » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 am

Galaxy nexus is the best, sure it is costly, but it has 1 GB of RAM, dual core processor, 16 GB of storage, super amoled, 4.6" display, 5 MB camera (+ photo sphere) and one more thing, it is google's phone, you will surely get latest android version (currently I use JB 4.2.1, which S3 doesn't have!!!)

Cheers..

Jet lovers who hate Jet
ahied
Freshman

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:13 pm

ahied wrote:Galaxy nexus is the best, sure it is costly, but it has 1 GB of RAM, dual core processor, 16 GB of storage, super amoled, 4.6" display, 5 MB camera (+ photo sphere) and one more thing, it is google's phone, you will surely get latest android version (currently I use JB 4.2.1, which S3 doesn't have!!!)

Cheers..

Jet lovers who hate Jet

Indeed Galaxy Nexus is the best! ^^
it got JB 4.2.2 JDQ39 (Takju) update tonight and also before LG Nexus 4. :)
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Next

Return to Wildfire (S)