Android on Samsung Wave 2 pro

Disucssion related to other Samsung phones

Android on Samsung Wave 2 pro

Postby navneethsh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:51 am

Hello

Im an owner of samsung wave 533, the smartphone that features a 600 mhz processor and 128 mb or ram.
i am currently facing some difficulties with the bada operating system that comes installed in the phone. i have referrred to some other websites about the possibilities of installing android on this phone.

is it possible? if yes,how? You could mail me your help to navneethsh@gmail.com.

thank you

P.S.: there are many members on the samsung wave forums who are highly interested in the above mentionede issue.
navneethsh
Freshman

Advertisement

Re: Android on Samsung Wave 2 pro

Postby Daenja » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I wouldn't recommend android if you have only 128Mb ram... Most android phones nowadays have 512MB ram which is quite sufficient.

- Daenja
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Daenja wrote:I wouldn't recommend android if you have only 128Mb ram... Most android phones nowadays have 512MB ram which is quite sufficient.

- Daenja

if you use android 1.5 with 128, it works, you can do some basic browsing and stuff, but well, more ram and CPU is recomended for android. But it is possible to run (look at Archos 7 Home Tablet V1)
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Daenja » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:20 pm

joopykoopy wrote:
Daenja wrote:I wouldn't recommend android if you have only 128Mb ram... Most android phones nowadays have 512MB ram which is quite sufficient.

- Daenja

if you use android 1.5 with 128, it works, you can do some basic browsing and stuff, but well, more ram and CPU is recomended for android. But it is possible to run (look at Archos 7 Home Tablet V1)

Yeah, basically my point was it isn't worth the hussle :D
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Other