GPS

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

GPS

Postby HenriA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey,

I recently installed route 66 on my jet, and i wanted to test it. So i took my bycicle, and turnd on route66. I got about 4KM from home, still no position, it was about 15 mins, becouse i was playing with my phone. I looked into the GPS menu, positions were all 0. But the stranger part is, I had 7! satelites!

This sounds strange to me, dunno if annyone else has the same problem.
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: GPS

Postby Daenja » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

joopykoopy wrote:Hey,

I recently installed route 66 on my jet, and i wanted to test it. So i took my bycicle, and turnd on route66. I got about 4KM from home, still no position, it was about 15 mins, becouse i was playing with my phone. I looked into the GPS menu, positions were all 0. But the stranger part is, I had 7! satelites!

If you haven't bought the licence for route66 you can't see your position.
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby darkmoon078 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Daenja wrote:
joopykoopy wrote:Hey,

If you haven't bought the licence for route66 you can't see your position.

I don't think it's because the license coz I didn't bought a license and it works for me :)
darkmoon078

Postby HenriA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

it has nonthing to do with the lisense. in the settings menu my position (with 7 satelites) is all 0. so it can't find out where i am. Thats the problem...

and well, to bad route66 won't work with license, but that's out of question right now. The question is, why do i have no position with 6 or 7 satelites, where the normal navigation just gets the position in 10 secends, and here i can't get with my phone in 10 minutes...
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kurdo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:43 pm

It works at me, and i didn't buy any licence.
Kurdo

Postby Thijs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 am

You only need a license for navigation (voice assisted).

If you buy a one-day license you have navigation (as long as your phone is on that date).... ;)
Thijs
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:48 am

people, i don't talk about that freakin license!

i talk about the fact, that i have connection with 6 or 7 satelites, my position can't be determined by the jet itself! that's the freakin' problem!
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Thijs » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Relax, relax...

In cities it's normal that satelites are hard to detect (due to reflections). And while you normaly only need about 5 satelites, you need about 9 when you start navigation.

Furthermore, it may depend on how you hold (or not hold) the phone. Try putting it at one location (not touching it) and wait for a little while.

...but in the end... you're right, it just doesn't work the way it should... or it works, except when you need it :)

best regards - Thijs
Thijs
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Daenja » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Might also be a problem with Route66. You can try WeTravel and see if it works for you. It's free and available for jet.
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Thijs, srry for my overdose reaction.

I don't live in a city, i live on the country. But why would the yet need 9 satelites to determine my position? :roll: 3 could be enough. get the 3 destination's from the satelite, mark them as circles on a map, and where they overlap, is were the GPS unit is. That couldn't be that hard for a 800MHz processor?
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Jét