Forum Spam

Off-topic dicussions

Forum Spam

Postby Bonsitm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Hello all,

I've just removed six posts of spam for medications in various sub-forums, and sorry to all who who had to see it. The user in question is now banned (trial 1 month) as ALL of their posts were the exact same soliciting.

This might happen more frequently as the forum grows in popularity, if any other popular online boards are anything to go by.

If you see any more in future please PM me or another moderator so we can deal with it accordingly.

Thanks,
Bonsitm
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: Forum Spam

Postby HenriA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Well, maybe a karma feature would be nice. A user can get karma from people positive or negative. If the total value is -1 or lower, the users post must first be revieuwd by a moderator. That way the users of this forum can help against spammers.
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Bonsitm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Sounds reasonable. Ask Dopi about it. Might not be a high priority though.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dopi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:09 am

Bonsitm wrote:Sounds reasonable. Ask Dopi about it. Might not be a high priority though.

I will look into that. If anyone knows a good MOD for phpBB3, please let me know.

I had already looked into a MOD that enables thanks for posts but that was not working so well and I don't think it has additional features like putting low ranked users on probation (review).

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Other topics