Android 2.3 hdpi fix

General discussion on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Android 2.3 hdpi fix

Postby Keiran » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:35 pm

When I put MadRocker's files for Jet-Ginger on my ext3 partition in JetDroid I noticed everything on the screen was very small, and the phone version said "sdk".

The archive below is a new build.prop file that is changed, I changed the phone version from "sdk" to "GT-S8000" and change the resolution from ldpi to hdpi.

Now everything is the right size :)

Regards,

Keiran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keiran
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Android 2.3 hdpi fix

Postby l3w1n » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Is jet ginger flickering? and has it fully working wifi?
l3w1n

Postby Keiran » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm

At the moment it has no SDCard, Wifi, Acceleration, Vibration or Sensors working.
However some of the archives for Eclair (eg. Acceleration) may work on this, i think MadRocker managed to get Wifi working, not sure.

Regards,

Keiran
Keiran
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 pm

Great work, thx will tests it today + try to get wifi / other stuff working.
Can you check the Jet-Ginger-2.3.3 as well as it seems to default back to 160 instead of 200 I had in the build.prop .

Please feel free to fix / modify anything else you can to make it work better, if you want github write permission shout then I can add you.

If you can try and use the Jet-Ginger-2.3.3 version from github, just delete the .git and README once the files is on your sdcard = 50mb waisted on sdcard. As far as I can remember the 2.3.3 has little or no flicker, not sure. This seems to be a nicer version of ?? Ginger ?? but still SDK until it is available in to build.

3D we have to rebuild fimg / egl from tom3q ginger black screen fix then we can use it.

Wifi, the same that makes wifi work in Froyo will make wifi work in Ginger.

I have build a "AOSP-FULL-GENERIC API 9" and uploaded it to github so we can harvest needed files like /sbin/uevent and what else we might need for JetGinger or if needed for 2.3.3 API10.

https://github.com/MadRocker
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby shishirs » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Keiran wrote:When I put MadRocker's files for Jet-Ginger on my ext3 partition in JetDroid I noticed everything on the screen was very small, and the phone version said "sdk".

The archive below is a new build.prop file that is changed, I changed the phone version from "sdk" to "GT-S8000" and change the resolution from ldpi to hdpi.

Regards,

Keiran

I tried replacing the build.prop from your archive and restarted but the phone went into the boot loop. It kept showing me the android boot logo and went into some sort of loop. :(
shishirs
Freshman

Postby khoa1111 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:15 am

shishirs wrote:
Keiran wrote:When I put MadRocker's files for Jet-Ginger on my ext3 partition in JetDroid I noticed everything on the screen was very small, and the phone version said "sdk".

Regards,

Keiran

I tried replacing the build.prop from your archive and restarted but the phone went into the boot loop. It kept showing me the android boot logo and went into some sort of loop. :(

Have you set build.prop permission?
Try this
Code: Select all
sudo chmod -R 777 /media/[...]/system/build.prop

Good luck
khoa1111
Looking for Gold design Jet cover case.
PM me if wanna transfer this.

khoa1111
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:26 pm

shishirs
this build.prop is for the JetGinger Beta1 not for the Jet-2.3.3, Jet-2.3.3 is honeycomb on the phone = not the same version as Ginger.

If it worked the first time and now it does not then use the
Example:
sudo chmod -R 777 /media/1.5gb/*

Example: change to the name "label" of your ext3
sudo chmod -R 777 /media/JetDroid/*

The init.rc and other files will put the correct permissions back when android starts.
I am busy updating the Jet-2.3.3 files in github.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)