JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Dopi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi ,

it is more than a week since our last testing release, thus I think it might be time for an update. Thanks to your good feedback and patches that were submitted we have some significant changes. Especially the haptic feedback intensity and the touchscreen performance (I think you will love this one ;) ) could be improved. Please continue to post your experience so, that we can create the final release, soon. Still no custom launcher is included, but you may easily install that by means of the filemanager (as suggested by sploutch).

You can download the package here: https://github.com/JetDroid/JetPlatform_binary/tarball/c397caee0fbda5303cc8f514013f376f8a41e8a5. A kernel is included. To install please remove all old files and extract to your ext2 partition root directory. After that do "sudo chown -R root.root *".

Here is the list of features:
  • Wifi
  • USB Mass storage access (ADB was reported not working, please test)
  • SD-card access
  • Accelerometer (maybe compass)
  • RTC reading [thanks to Vaclavpe]
  • Clock speed fix [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Vibrator / Haptic feedback intensity is higher now [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Updated SuperUser.apk [thanks to alfonzobonzo] If you want to root your Jet, this one should work fine with z4root.
  • Brightness setting and screen locking (brightness values are better now. Maybe just a little tweaking is needed) [Dopi]
  • Touchscreen parameters changed. This should cause less false readings [Dopi]
  • 2D acceleration (flickering fixed, thanks to Thijs, KB and sploutch )
Please submit your feeback in this topic. For the final release I would suggest we work on solutions for the following pending issues. If you have more problems please report them here.

• Browser takes very long to open links [reported by Jose_Paramore]
  • Calendar crashed when trying to open it [reported by dopi, can anyone confirm this?]
  • Sometimes problems with on-screen keyboard and text entry area

If you have a fix for any of the above problems please post your solution here (what did you do and which files did you use?). Please don't add unneccessary files, just the ones that are needed to improve the system.

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Dopi :D
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Eron61 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:26 am

I'm testing now.
Will report tomorrow.
Eron61

Postby DreiRN » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks a lot! I just made a video about the 3-13 release.Lol I'm going to test this now
DreiRN

Postby colix » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:05 am

Thank's! Works good! After installing Gapps using "Dopi script" it is't boot. How to install Gapps?
colix
Freshman

Postby HenriA » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:23 am

With this release the touchscreen works verry well :) The OSKeyboard problem is allso here. Havn't tested more functions
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KB_JetDroid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Dopi,

I tested this release and below is a summary of my testing:
  • Wifi
    :- Works fine.
  • USB Mass storage access (ADB was reported not working, please test)
    :- Works fine. No problem with adb (tested in ubuntu not in windows).
  • SD-card access
  • Accelerometer (maybe compass)
    :- Accelerometer works fine. Compass is still unstable. Gives different reading at every time. Better to keep it disabled as of now.
  • RTC reading [thanks to Vaclavpe]
  • Clock speed fix [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Vibrator / Haptic feedback intensity is higher now [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Updated SuperUser.apk [thanks to alfonzobonzo] If you want to root your Jet, this one should work fine with z4root.
    :- Works fine. Rooting happens properly.
  • Brightness setting and screen locking (brightness values are better now. Maybe just a little tweaking is needed) [Dopi]
  • Touchscreen parameters changed. This should cause less false readings [Dopi]
    :- Works fine. (Anyway I never had issues with touchscreen ....)
  • 2D acceleration (flickering fixed, thanks to Thijs, KB and sploutch )
    :- Works fine. No flickering.
  • Browser takes very long to open links [reported by Jose_Paramore]
    :- Browser works fine. I didn't see any issue.
  • Calendar crashed when trying to open it [reported by dopi, can anyone confirm this?]
    :- No issue with the calendar. Opens properly.
  • Sometimes problems with on-screen keyboard and text entry area
    :- No problem was observed after starting JetDroid. Used it for about half an hour then tried to open Angry birds (started but very slow, so closed it) and 3D gallery. After this there was problem with the keyboard when tried to type web address. Nothing was getting reflected as and when characters are entered. Closed the browser and restarted the browser after couple of minutes. It started working properly.
No major issue is observed but the calculator application still crashes.

After initial testing, installed GApps with your script. Got installed successfully and working fine. Enabled the android market and it is also working fine.

Thanks Dopi. It's a great work. I hope other people will get same results and we will be ready to go with this as final release.

- KB

PS: It would be good if we can have busybox installed by default.
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:10 pm

joopykoopy wrote:With this release the touchscreen works verry well :) The OSKeyboard problem is allso here. Havn't tested more functions

GApps should install fine. It may just take very long to boot (several minutes) if you have a clean install with added GGapps.

KB_JetDroid wrote:Hi Dopi,
PS: It would be good if we can have busybox installed by default.

Can you send a patch that contains busybox?

I still see some problems with the graphics driver. One example is transperency e.g. if the shutdown menu is to be displayed. Instead of a shaded and blured background I see just a grey background.

Does any one have an idea how to fix the calculator?

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby minibike12 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 pm

This is a very good release.
Wifi, SD, etc are working very good.

I am still having a display problem.
Sometimes when i press the "End Call" button, lines appear (just like in the beginning of jetdroid), and i have to restart android.
And the lock screen isn't working for me ? :?

I did a complete clean install.
Do more people have these problems?

minibike12

Postby khoa1111 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm

lock screen doesnt work may ve because you havent install Gapps.
For me, sometime white screen and blank menu appear.

khoa1111
Looking for Gold design Jet cover case.
PM me if wanna transfer this.

khoa1111
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:48 pm

khoa1111 wrote:lock screen doesnt work may ve because you havent install Gapps.

I think this should be realated to missing GApps. I also have no lock screen without GApps. Thus installing GApps is recommended.

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Next

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing