Galaxy S

Discussion specific to Samsung GT-I9000 (Galaxy S)

Re: Galaxy S

Postby Dopi » Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 pm

We can almost start a vivid Galaxy S section here ;-) Me, too, I am intetested in your experience with various roms.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby squidink14 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Jose_Paramore wrote:Well... it was on a stock rom, with One Click Lag Fix app, but it was in Froyo... but it has a trick, the only thing that happens is that you get 1000 points more on I/O, because of the ext4. If you want a good cpu performance, the best is Cyanogenmod 7 ;), but it has got battery drain. I suggest you to try Tweaky ROM, it's great! and you have touchwiz 4 :D

I've tried a few ROMS and I think I like Darky's the best. I would like to try TouchWiz 4 Though, maybe Darky will add it in V10.5 or 11.
Dopi wrote:We can almost start a vivid Galaxy S section here ;-) Me, too, I am intetested in your experience with various roms.

Cheers,
Dopi

Sound like a good idea :D
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Wed May 11, 2011 10:15 pm

squidink14 wrote:
Jose_Paramore wrote:Well... it was on a stock rom, with One Click Lag Fix app, but it was in Froyo... but it has a trick, the only thing that happens is that you get 1000 points more on I/O, because of the ext4. If you want a good cpu performance, the best is Cyanogenmod 7 ;), but it has got battery drain. I suggest you to try Tweaky ROM, it's great! and you have touchwiz 4 :D

I've tried a few ROMS and I think I like Darky's the best. I would like to try TouchWiz 4 Though, maybe Darky will add it in V10.5 or 11.

You are right. TouchWiz4 looks cool. So, we need Gingerbread to have that on the Jet, right :lol:

squidink14 wrote:
Dopi wrote:We can almost start a vivid Galaxy S section here ;-) Me, too, I am intetested in your experience with various roms.

Cheers,
Dopi

Sound like a good idea :D

I think we have it here already. We just need to have some more posts ;)

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Sun May 29, 2011 7:00 pm

I've ordered a galaxy s today, but I will not leave jetdroid to die!

The only thing is, I could get a realy nice offer of t-mobile, and I whas allready thinking about a new cellphone. So well, the galaxy S is the answer!
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dopi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:47 pm

HenriA wrote:I've ordered a galaxy s today, but I will not leave jetdroid to die!

So, what's your experience with your Galaxy S so far? Isn't it too big? I think the Jet always looks very tiny if you put it next to a Galaxy S ;) Did you already update to Gingerbread?

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Dopi wrote:
HenriA wrote:I've ordered a galaxy s today, but I will not leave jetdroid to die!

So, what's your experience with your Galaxy S so far? Isn't it too big? I think the Jet always looks very tiny if you put it next to a Galaxy S ;) Did you already update to Gingerbread?

Cheers,
Dopi

Hi! I must admit that the galaxy s is very big compared to the Jét of course, but it's even lighter and very thin, so you can carry it in your pocket without problems ;)
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kaesar » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Haha yep, the Jet looks tiny up to a LG Optimus 2X too (also 4" screen)
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Kurdo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Well I have bought a galaxy s too, running tweaky rom. First time i compared it to the jet, it looked big, but i got used to it after a couple of days. Now when i hold the jet in my hand if feels too small lol.
Kurdo

Postby HenriA » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 am

Dopi wrote:

Cheers,
Dopi

sorry for my verry late reaction, didn't have the time to check back on jetdroid :S Well, if you compare it to the jet, the jet is a dwarf. But next to the HTC HD2 it is a bit small. I think the size is perfect, the hands can clamp it without problems, the screen is nice and large so the buttons arn't small.

Gingerbread, not official rom... I did GingerReal (i've got version 5.0, i know, it's old) but well, it works fine :) If i do just a little bit with my phone, it can do 2 day's of work on the batery :)
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to GT-I9000 (Galaxy S)