Earlier this year TianYu presented their new K-Touch V8 (Hornet II) phone. The handset was pretty high-end with a 1.5GHz Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core application processor, 8MP camera and a 4.5″ 1280×720 LCD screen. There has been some rumor that the device should support dual SIM operation.
Now that the device is be available for sale the dust settles a bit. It becomes clear that the phone only supports a single SIM card. All current and previous claims it could be dual SIM are wrong. Most probably the statement that this handset is supposed to support “dual networks” (whatever that means) was falsely translated to dual SIM.
Despite the confusion this phone looks quite stylish and with pice tag below $320 (2000RMB) and an amazing spec it is sure to make some noise in the market. See below for the spec and some nice pictures.
- Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.5GHz processor
- 1GB RAM / 16GB ROM / no SD-card slot
- 4.5 inch Gorilla Glass LCD screen, 1280 x 720 pixel resolution, capacitive touchscreen
- Single SIM 3G WCDMA/GSM
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: WCDMA 850/2100/900/1700 MHz
- Support WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- 8.0MP back CMOS Camera + 1.0MP front camera with auto focus and photo light
- Sensors: Gravity, ambient light, proximity, compass
- Video playback and recording up to 1080P (1920 x 1080)
- Android 4.0 OS
- Micro USB port and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1800mAh Li-on battery (non removable),
- Dimensions: 134.6 x 67.4 * 9.9mm, Weight: 152.8g
- Gorilla Glass front and back
- Magenesium alloy case